Auto Group History
Red Noland Cadillac, which was established on March 1 1974, began business at 1260 Motor City Drive with 18 employees and two mechanical typewriters. In that first calendar year $96,630 in service sales were recorded, an amount exceeded some 30 years later in just three days by the Auto Group.
An addition to the building in 1979 provided space for the opening of a body and paint department. By 1983 growth in all departments led to the purchase of a new, larger body shop located at 419 East Arvada, approximately one mile from the Motor City property.
Customer satisfaction research by the manufacturer led to the appointment of Red Noland Cadillac as a Range Rover Dealer (now Land Rover) in 1987. Similar studies resulted in appointment in 1993 as an Infiniti Dealer.
Additional real estate acquisitions permitted a series of renovations and enlargements that in 1993-1994 led to the relocation of Red Noland Cadillac to 990 Motor City Drive and Land Rover Colorado Springs to 1314 Motor City Drive. At that time the building at 1260 Motor City Drive was re-styled to exclusive Infiniti standards.
In 1997 Saab, now owned by Spyker, was added to the Infiniti operations at 1260 Motor City Drive. And in 1998 we became the proud owners of the state-of-the-art 25,000 square foot Red Noland Collision Center located on Moreno Street, just off 8th Street, which replaced the Arvada Street paint and body shop location.
The growing Auto Group created a desire within Red Noland to provide a more “hands-on” operations environment at each of his stores. As a result, in 1999 Red was pleased to announce his new junior partners, Thom Buckley and Mike Jorgensen, employees of the Auto Group since 1984 and 1992, respectively. Thom was assigned responsibility for the imports side of the business, while Mike assumed responsibility for the domestic side, as well as the Collision Center. Through this added oversight of the dynamic Auto Group, Red sought to assure that the “Red Noland Way” of customer service and commitment to employees would continue well into the future, building on the tradition of style and grace that has always been his trademark.
In 2004 Red Noland was awarded the Jaguar brand and together with Land Rover these two franchises moved into our new luxury imports state-of-the-art facility at 565 Automotive Drive. Not long thereafter our Cadillac store underwent a massive redesign and remodel creating a dealership with the “standard of the world” beauty and ambience expected by Cadillac customers.
2009 found the Red Noland Group on the move again as it was decided to combine Infiniti with our luxury imports brands at 565 Automotive Drive and Saab with Cadillac at 990 Motor City Drive. As a result, Red’s Rides, an exclusive pre-owned center, was created and took up residence at 1260 Motor City Drive. Red Noland Auto Group had come a long way from that exciting beginning in 1974!
Throughout our history, the Red Noland Auto Group has been presented numerous awards and accolades from our manufactures. And while we have a great line-up of vehicles, we take the greatest pride and satisfaction from the positive comments we receive from our customers. Red Noland’s philosophy is to “surprise and delight” our customers and it is that commitment that defines who we are and what we strive to live up to as we come to work each day.